A burnout is a condition marked by emotional exhaustion, reduced performance, which can be described as a final line of development that begins with idealistic enthusiasm and leads to frustrating experiences of disillusionment and apathy, psychosomatic disorders and depression or aggression and an increased risk of addiction. The burnout syndrome occurs particularly in helping professions (nurses, doctors, pastors, teachers, and so on), but also mothers with young children, if stressful situations continue for a longer period. The time exposure is often linked to high own or other performance expectations, poor working conditions, lack of resources and their own vulnerability and instability. This creates a chronic overwork and fatigue, which paralyzes the individual in his motivation and his possibilities for action to limit the loss of self. This exhaustion can cause personal crises and to the neglect or mistreatment of the people entrusted to lead.
* Deficits, lack of differentiation opportunities and predamages (illness, crises limit) a personal capacity.
* Excessive expectations (helper syndrome) too much for one’s own competence.
* Lack of training, leave little collegial support, no recognition by salary or prestige, inadequate institutional framework, lack of rest and vacation time each burn out in his professional and private work area.
Warning signals in Burn-Out
* Increased commitment to certain goals
* The person working almost nonstop
* Waives recreation or relaxation phases
* Feels indispensable and completely
* To the present, often devalue affected other team members
* Make and so unpopular with colleagues
* The profession is the main purpose in life
* Failure to comply with its own needs
* Suppression of failures
* Restriction of social contacts at a range, for example, the customer,
* Chronic fatigue
* Search of distraction and solace in alcohol, tobacco, Internet and computer activities, much food or more frequent sexual intercourse
* Lack of concentration
* Sleep disturbances
* Anxiety, depression
* Suicidal thoughts can be triggered
When the disease first identified burnout as such, includes in most cases a number of psychotherapy sessions. The interested parties can often respond only cynical, ironic and full of sarcasm on their environment. Calming, mood balancing herbal remedies or herbal medicines such as valerian, and hops, passion flower, St. John and balm or aromatherapy lavender, ylang ylang and other antidepressant oils may facilitate entry into the Burnout therapy, replacing it can not support them. Burnout patients require much time and plenty of rest to return to find themselves and to make peace with their life situation. done before treatment of the burnout syndrome has an exact diagnosis. In many cases it is not easy to distinguish from other illnesses such as depression, burnout. At the beginning of the burn-treatment must always be a very thorough analysis of the situation of the patient. The burnout expert Burisch, in this connection along a list of questions to review the situation.
* What environmental conditions are the decisive?
* What needs and goals of individuals are frustrated?
* What skills are underdeveloped?
* What normative ideas are unrealistic evtentuell?
* What beliefs and thought patterns are dysfunctional?
* What information is missing?
* Where can with the best cost / benefit ratio of anything for the better, a piece regain autonomy?
Treatment goals in burnout patients:
* In general, changes in self-
* Basic lifestyle changes towards a healthy and orderly life in particular, the following factors relating to:
* Pleasure poisons
* Recreation needs
* Food behavior
* Physical activity
This approach is complemented by the burn-treatment, a detailed discussion of the work situation, particularly concerning the following points:
About high expectations
* Lack of support from supervisors
* Conflicts with colleagues
* Resignation and bitterness
* Other psychosocial factors
Physiotherapy (physical applications) help to find relaxation. Mention should here especially:
* Neck and shoulder massage
* Kneipp application
* Medical baths with appropriate additives